• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AMT OF $$ FROM AN ACCIDENT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JKELLY

Back in May '99, I was involved in an auto accident in Pittsburgh, PA and the other individual was cited. My car was totalled. I had only had this car for a little over a year and was financed. The problem is...that once the insurance company got done paying the car's (blue book value), I still had to pay the rest of the balance of the amount owed on the car (which was about $2,000). So, for about 7 months, I was making 2 car payments (a car that was totalled and the new one I had to get). My beef w/the insurance companies was that I was NOT cited in this accident, so why should I suffer since the other party was cited. It seems she got off with more than just "a few points" on her license. Can I pursue legal action to get the amount that I had to pay out of my pocket to pay off this car? Not to mention when she was officially cited by the police, she called them back and tried to fabricate a situation and claim I was at fault and NOT her -- even though there were 3 witnesses that all said SHE pulled into me. Any assistance would be appreciated. I live in Ohio, but was in PA for business, where this accident happened.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">