• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Amusement Park parking lot - damage to my vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Loralee57

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

I paid $10.00 to park my car at Great America Amusement Park and upon returning to my car, after spending the day in the park, the rear window drivers' side, was broken. Glass everywhere. The only thing missing was my wallet, as I had left it in the car. I immediately went to Guest Services to report the break-in. Security made out a report and said, "Gee, you should feel lucky - you're the first one today!" I was appalled! How unprofessional is that!! Anyway, I am not covered for theft under my insurance and I explained that to the gentleman 'in-charge'. He explained that they were NOT liable for the break-in, and asked if I had read the signs entering the parking lot stating that. I told him that I paid for a service that I did not receive! Where was Security when my car was broken into? I asked if they had cameras in the parking lot - they said no, but that Security patrols it constantly! (Well, apparently not!) They then offered a "Parking Pass" for the rest of the season - which, at the time, was only two more weeks!! No thanks - I want my window fixed!! He then gave me a number to call the next day and a name of who to speak with. This was about 3-4 months ago, and I STILL have never received a return call!! I have left numerous messages, and still - nothing! I have put duct tape where the window was - as I have not been able to afford to get it fixed!
Last night as I went to my car to go to work - the duct tape is all ripped off and my CD stereo is gone and my dashboard practically torn out. I just started crying!! If Great America had only gotten my window fixed - none of this would have happened!!
My question - Is Great America liable for replacing my window? And, now, my stereo and dashboard? If so, and they haven't returned my calls, would it be in my best interest to take them to small claims court and sue them?? Do I have any rights? I believe they were more than negligent - especially after what Security said. This was obviously not the first time something like this has happened and I would think they would be on their toes a little more because of that! When you pay to park, isn't that considered a "Fee for Service"? Please advise on what steps I should take and if I should take them to court!
I appreciate your help - Thank you SOO much! Signed: :confused:

king sol

They are not liable and in addition to the posted signs, the back of the parking ticket probably indicates the same. What service did you pay for? You paid to park in the "Great America" parking lot. It's not a valle service or a secured parking complex.

Unfortunatly, that's why everyone carries insurance. Our world is full of criminals....but Great America is not one of them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">