• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

(another)uninsured driver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

slawrence27

What is the name of your state?kentucky :

My husband was hit by someone who ran stop sign. Both vehicles were totaled. The other driver showed proof of insurance to police officer at the scene. Now 7 days later I have gotten a copy of the police report and a letter from their insurance company stating they (the other driver)do not have a policy in affect with them. I only had liability on my car. The (at fault driver) was not the owner of the other car it was her boyfriends who was the passenger in the car at the time of the accident. I do not have a phone number for either(have had no luck with getting it). Never have had this happen before, where do I go from here? I did call my insurance just to report the accident and they were kind enough to remind me that I did not have full coverage.

R

Raisinette

slawrence, do you have uninsured motorist's bodily injury and property damage coverage available to you under your policy? Submit the claim to your insurance company to see. If so, and if the other party is at fault, that coverage should operate for you very much like the liable party's insurance would and should have.

S

slawrence27

Yes, I have UM but only covers bodily injury not property damage. So no luck there on getting truck fixed. Contacted a couple lawyers and was basically told "yea, I'll go to court with you, but its gonna end up just costing you more than what your asking for" and was told it could take following them around for 15yrs before and if I'll see anything. Spoke with the "uninsured" and apparently they had talk to lawyers because they pretty much told me that I would just have to "garnish my wages and I dont make that much anyway. Im not giving up though!!!!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">