• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any help out there for grandaughter who lost mom to auto accident???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

soulygold

What is the name of your state? Michigan
:confused: Not sure where to go. My 3 yr old grandaughter's mother was killed in an auto accident Dec 2005. Mom was only 18 and therefore does not have enough work credits for SS death benefits...are there any other programs out there that could help??? I have full legal guardianship as my son is not capable of raising a child right now. The maternal grandmother was denied thru her auto insurance because she neglected to add the daughter on the policy...she is presently trying to work with an attorney on a suit against the insurance company. I don't know where else to go with this, but it just seems that there should be something out there for kids whose parents have passed away, especially at such a young age. I do know that my grandaughters mother was receiving benefits off her fathers va pension and/or SS benefits since she was still attending high school at the time of her death.
Any help would be appreciated...the days keep moving on and time is passing by quickly...I want to be able to any help she may be entitled to.

Thankyou for your time,
Lisa

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">