• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any special wording for a release of liablitiy statement for an auto-accident?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jmarine119

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

Is there any legal jargon or code that I should reference in a statement releasing me of all liablilty for property damage, personal injury, insurance claims etc.??

I was involved in a small fender-bender. The other party in the accident received an estimate for $741 and is fine with settling the matter without insurance companies. I am preparing a realease of liability letter for him to sign and want to know what to put in it.

ecmst12

I wouldn't try to lump any injury claims in with your property damage settlement. Keep it simple - Under consideration of ______payment, I _____ release _______ from any further liability for property damage arising from the accident on ______ date at ______ location. Have the other party sign in the presence of a notary (witness).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">