• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Anything specific I should ask this attorney?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rickatie

What is the name of your state? WA

I'm dismissing my current attorney and have an appointment with a second attorney next week.

Quck rundown of my story. March 2004, I was rear ended while stopped, waiting for a school bus. She wasn't watching the road(which she actually admitted to), didn't even slow down. I suffered many injuries, fortunately my daughter was young enough to 'bounce' well and only suffered stiffness and a headache for a few days. Still actively being treated and was rear ended AGAIN a couple weeks ago, while stopped at a stop sign. Aggravated exsisting injuries, taken to hospital. Being told by doctors that there's a good chance I may never fully recover. I'm sure it's too soon to tell but hearing that still tends to shake a person up, especially when I've always been very active, physically.

Are there specific things I should ask this attorney? Things I should look for?
Is there a list of questions I should be prepared with?

I feel very lost at the moment...

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

stephenk said:
why are you going to a new attorney?

My response:

You took the words right out of my mouth. In order to consult you, and give "advice" to you, concerning what you should ask of the new attorney, it would be helpful to have some background information concerning your relationship with your old attorney; i.e., why you felt it was necessary to substitute attorneys.

IAAL

R

rickatie

There are a couple reasons I am changing attorneys. The first reason would be the negative word of mouth I've been receiving. I've been asking around, his name has come up several times. I didn't take too much stock in a couple of the negative comments I heard, I figured they were just unhappy about their results. When I asked my husband to check around, my attorney's name came up with several of his clients as one to stay away from. We have never mentioned his name, we ask who would they recommend, who would they NOT recommend.

The deciding factor for me was when I called a couple days after my second accident to explain the situation, I was told that I shouldn't expect a big settlement(??? I have never once brought up money, yet I hear this everytime I call or visit their office. This time it was just way out of line). I explained how I have doctors telling me I may never recover from some of these injuries(she asked how my injuries were). Then she actually said "everyone thinks their injuries are more important than everyone else's injuries." ??? Why would she say this? She went down a list of 2 or 3 of their clients and how they want large settlements and just aren't going to get them(again with the money?) Then she proceeded to tell me all about HER injuries and how SO VERY bad they were, how she has a large settlement pending, etc. Why do I need to hear this?

I stopped listening at that point because I was already so upset from my second accident and needed answers, I was in major pain, and was not in the mood to hear her life story about her skiing accident! I also didn't need to hear that every doctor I had(and every doctor on the planet according to her) was essentially full of s*it and that I should ignore them.

I'm still reeling from that last phone call, she couldn't have been more unprofessional. I'd like to switch to an attorney that I can trust.

R

rickatie

My appointment is tomorrow, anyone willing to offer advice?

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">