• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

appeal process

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cindy ball

What is the name of your state? washington state
i was awarded 1400 in a car accident suit, my medical bills exceeded 50,000. this was 7 months ago. do i have any other options to be considered. i also have personal injury protection that was never filed. what can i do to get my medicl bills paid.

JETX

What was the $1400 for?? I assume it was for property damage. If correct, your medical expenses are personal injury and a separate issue.
I strongly suggest you talk with an attorney since it is likely that you are confused about the separate claims and processes.

cindy ball

appeal pprocess

the plaintiffs insurance co. paid 250.00 for the car damage the estimate was 850.00 the balance for medical. my PIP paid 10,000 of my medical. my attorney took the 1400 i was awarded. i also had to pay my attorney 2000.00 out of pockets. i had to sell off my property to pay off my debts.

JETX

Clearly something is wrong here.

1) Why did you agree to $250 in compensation for property damage of $850?? Was this car a piece of junk before the accident??
and
2) You agreed to $1150 in personal injury ($1400-$250) compensation??

Talk with a different attorney. Clearly, something is incredibly missing here!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">