• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arbitration?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DrowningInDebt

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? South Carolina

I was in an accident. I only have liability on my vehicle. Other person had collision. Police report had other person as contributing to the accident, not me. So I got an estimate and filed a claim against them, it was denied. They filed a claim to my ins. company, of course mine denied it. It went to arbitration. We won. The decision states that they (the applicant) "failed to prove liability against the respondent (our side)". So, my questions are:

1)Is the decision at arbitration binding, or can it be appealed by them?

2) In others' experiences, if I file another claim for damages to my vehicle and arbitration has found them at fault, not me, do most insurance companies pay or most likely will they give me a hard time?

3) It will take 10 business days to repair my damages. Can I include car rental fee (of a comparable size vehicle) for that time period in the amount I am requesting in damages?

Thank you for your help in this matter

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">