• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arbitration ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adunn21

What is the name of your state? California

I went to Arbitration on October 19, 2007 and was wondering how long it takes to hear something? I asked my attorney last week if he heard anything and he told me to be patient, the arbitrator basically works for free anyway so we shouldn't bother him. Now I feel bad for wanting to check in and haven't called. I thought he told me he had 10 days to respond, its now going on 19. If you need to know, I was rear ended by an uninsured motorist driving a rental car, so its against the rental company. Thank you in advance, Andrea

ecmst12

I would give it 30 days normally, but because of the holiday I'd wait until at least the next Monday. The adjuster is waiting just like you are, nothing annoys me more then people who call me every 2 days when I tell them it could be a while before I know anything and I'll call them as soon as something changes!

adunn21

Thank you for your response. I have only called once or twice, and that was only after I was told to. I sure don't want to be a nuisance since I don't like to be bothered either. Have a great evening, Andrea

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">