• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arm

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cheryl2

june19th, hurt arm on job lifting very heavy bags all day.went to doc,he gave me cortizone twice.& physical therpary didnt work.had tendon realease done in aug.doc put me at 2% perm. total body disabilty.the city thats who i work for,didnt like that so they had me do a second openion.and also do a 5 hour lifting evalition test. the second doc. put me at 5% TOTAL body and the evalition test ripped the muscles and i had to have a second surgery. workers comp had cut my benifits off in between surgerys because doc had realeased me but city had not put me back to work.is health south responable for any damage to my arm, i told them when i was taking the test it was hurting my arm but they said to keep trying to lift more. i was in tears.please help me my job is now trying to make me do things i cannot do i think there trying to get rid of me.thank you ,cheryl

C

cheryl2

I got a lawyer we are waiting to see the results of the second evaltion test before he files a suit.Do they usally fire you once you have filed a law suit against workers comp?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

No. As a general rule, it's highly illegal to fire an employee who has made a W.C. claim, or even an E.E.O.C. claim. An employer subjects themselves to greater damages when such actions are taken, without actual cause.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">