• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

assault and battery - case examples

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

renasanz

Hi, I was recently attacked and suffered severe head trauma and lacerations. I have pressed charges against my attacker and now wish to do the same to the place of business where my injury occurred. I am interested in pressing 3rd party assualt charges, but am having difficulty finding a lawyer with experience in that area. Are there any prominent cases where the plaintiff won? I feel that I need to convince the lawyers that I have a legitimate case, so I'm trying to do my homework. Any examples of such cases, regardless of outcome, would be greatly appreciated. (North Carolina)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by renasanz:
Hi, I was recently attacked and suffered severe head trauma and lacerations. I have pressed charges against my attacker and now wish to do the same to the place of business where my injury occurred. I am interested in pressing 3rd party assualt charges, but am having difficulty finding a lawyer with experience in that area. Are there any prominent cases where the plaintiff won? I feel that I need to convince the lawyers that I have a legitimate case, so I'm trying to do my homework. Any examples of such cases, regardless of outcome, would be greatly appreciated. (North Carolina)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Go to your nearest Law library, and ask the librarian to show you the Jury Verdict Sheets. In California, they are called O'Brian's Jury Verdicts, but they may be called something else in your neck of the swamp. You'll be able to look up case that have actually gone to trial, that are similar to yours, and read the history of the claim, through to judgment - - either for the plaintiff or the defendant.

Good luck,

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">