• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assault Case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joudrel

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Greetings,

I was hoping I could get some insight from the community.

Last evening I was assaulted on a basketball court at a local gym. A player who has a reputation for being both loud, obnoxious and violent took an unprovoked swing with a close fist at my face. The result was a broken nose and laceration.

I want some insight on how I should proceed.

So far I had the club call the police. They wouldn't book the guy bk he apparently had two buddies corroborate his story. My two buddies corroborated my version, and several unaffiliated players also corroborated my story. The officer said it's his version vs mine, yet I was the one dripping blood from an open gash above my eye.

The officer said I had to go to the courthouse and first have a detective review the case and that a judge woul decide whether this guy should be brought in.

I was a bit puzzled by this as it was blatantly obvious about what happened. A clear cut case of aggravated assault. In fact, while in the emergency room, I asked several other officers randomly if this was an arrestable offense, and they concurred that the officer at the scene botched it up.

I have atteneded to the medical care and now wish to pursue legal rights. I believe this perpetrator should be arrested. Further, I intend to sue both the perpetrator and club.

Do I have a case?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">