• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assured Clear Distance- Im not guilty right?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trufighter

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I have pre-trial at portage county court tommorrow for an Assured Clear Distance charge I plead not guilty to. I was pulling up to a toll booth off the ohio turnpike and began to slide every time I hit the brakes. So that I would not hit the car already in the toll booth paying I tryed to brush against the curb to slow me down, It worked but i went up onto the curb, The tollbooth workers told me I had to wait there until they check for damage and besides some black marks there was none so they told me I was free to go, as I began to pull away they stopped me again and said since my car was leaking fluid (radiator fluid from a hose that busted when I struck the curb) I needed to pull over and wait for Highway Patrol. When the Patrolman arrived he said he had to write me a ticket for ACD. I gave him a sob story about how I would lose my license and he told me ok well if your record is clear then I will let you be on your way. When he came back he took me to his car and showed me that I had a failure to reinstate on my record so my license wasnt valid. I told him I have the reciept for my payment of my reinstatement on me and he told me if i could go get it he would let me go. Unfortunately I couldnt find it. He told me to write a statement and he would make it very reasonable on his end for the courts but he couldnt let me go. Unfortunately when I got back in my car the damn reciept was right there in my visor. I ran back to show him but it was to late. Do I have a case? What should I say in court? Thanks for any help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">