• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

assuring safe aviation transportation of minors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hawgum

I am concerned about the welfare of my minor children in regards to their flying safely via private plane with their mother and stepfather. He is a licenced pilot and they have recently purchased a private plane which is a small four seater. All three of my children are minors.
My concern is that they, my children, have related instances where their mother is flying the plane when they travel and she is not licenced to do so. My oldest child (age 17 at time of incident) told me that he even flew the plane one time when the stepfather was working for a company that does air medical transports. (He continues to work for this company.) His mother was also on board at that time however there was no patient on board at the time the minor was at the controls. Regardless, the information that I am being given by my children concerns me and I am wondering how such things are regulated and how any laws, if any, are enforced. Any information regarding this would be much appreciated. Thank you!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hawgum said:
I am concerned about the welfare of my minor children in regards to their flying safely via private plane with their mother and stepfather. He is a licenced pilot and they have recently purchased a private plane which is a small four seater. All three of my children are minors.
My concern is that they, my children, have related instances where their mother is flying the plane when they travel and she is not licenced to do so. My oldest child (age 17 at time of incident) told me that he even flew the plane one time when the stepfather was working for a company that does air medical transports. (He continues to work for this company.) His mother was also on board at that time however there was no patient on board at the time the minor was at the controls. Regardless, the information that I am being given by my children concerns me and I am wondering how such things are regulated and how any laws, if any, are enforced. Any information regarding this would be much appreciated. Thank you!
My response:

Contact the airport and ask to speak to an Instructor.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">