• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

attempted vehicular manslaughter "PLEASE" help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

viper6383

What is the name of your state? Kansas

Guys, I am new here and in tears as I type. In a nutshell, my sister had many friends over to parents home after visiting the bars for here 21st Bday. One of the guests got very aggressive and I told him to leave several times with no avail. My parents came out (in their 50s) and things got very ugly but no punches were thrown at that time. I felt very threatened by this guy, knowing he was going to go off on someone and warned him that I will use my truck as force if needed to get him to leave. He said bring it, and I got in my truck and drove at him (we have about 6in of snow right now) and accidentally hit him. He was fine but this heated things more. This all occurred on private property by the way.

Things were very out of hand and I went to a neighbors to take my self from the situation. The cops showed up, I walked home and did not talk to them because I had been drinking. They are now looking for me and I do not know what to do. Of course everyone is closed today. Guys, I am a single dad and almost 30yo. I am not financially stable and have no idea what I will do with jail time.

My quesitons are, do I make a statement? should I stay out of the loop until wed when courts will be open so I do not spend christmas in jail? I have no idea if charges will be files but with my luck, probably. Will they stick? Is a court appointed attorney a joke for something like this? Thank you guys for any help you can offer!!!!

Just Blue

Monday or Wednesday morning GET AN ATTORNEY!

I felt very threatened by this guy, knowing he was going to go off on someone and warned him that I will use my truck as force if needed to get him to leave. He said bring it, and I got in my truck and drove at him (we have about 6in of snow right now) and accidentally hit him
This was no accident. You deliberately used your truck as a weapon. How can you possibly view this as an accident?

viper6383

I was merely trying to scare the guy, I did not want to hit him but looking at this from your perspective, I said I would and I did probably means my free life is over in a blink.

CdwJava

As Bay said - get an attorney. Don't talk to anyone about this until that time.

You can be facing some very serious charges.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">