• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

span

Oklahoma,I purchase a vehicle that a sale man told me it would get 45 miles to the gal. But it only gets 34.They work on it and told me that was the best it would do. Do i have any legal outs

JETX

Nope.

Unless the salesman put his mileage claim in writing, in very specific conditions (extremely unlikely), you have no recourse.

Mileage claims, like most other 'puff' sales tactics', have little basis in fact and are considered just that.... PUFF.
How many times have you heard a car described as "in cherry condition" or "excellent shape". These, like the mileage claim, are self-serving claims without any substantial basis in fact.

Hell, he could legally claim that you CAN get unlimited mileage... you just have to drive downhill all the time...

Kind of like the "all you can eat" buffet... they don't tell you that it has to eaten while in the restaurant or in one sitting.. and no, you can't come back tomorrow for free seconds!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">