• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Johnnie Gilbert

What is the name of your state? Mississippi
My car was totaled on August 6 by an irresponsible driver. My son was the driver and my 14 year old nephrew was a passenger. They were in stalled traffic, beyond the traffic light. The driver of a pick-up truck, seemingly unaware of the stall, smashed into the back of my vehicle and pushed it underneath the truck stalled in front. My son was able to crawl out of the driverside window and my nephrew was able to jump out. The car looked like an accordian. While my son and nephew appeared shaken, we are thankful that they didn't seem to have any broken bones or cuts. The insurance company offered 250.00 over the cost of my hospital bills and an amount on my totaled out car that will still leave me owing car payments. We are now without reliable transportation, my son is beginning to complain about headaches, and low back pains. We do not have the funds or transportation to get him to the doctor. My son and husband who are unemployed have no means of pursuing job leads. Addtionally, I have no reliable transportation to my job. This accident has put tremendous strain and stress on my family. I tried to reason with the company, however, they seem totally unreasonable. I prefer not to go through a lenghty court battle as that will require more time and inconveniences. What do you advise?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">