• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jecina

What is the name of your state? wa

I was in a small accident May 2001, this guy got upset because I got in front of him when I was driving from my sister's house I had my signal on and everything. Anyway this guy decided to get on my side and get in front of me without no signal whatso ever
than put on he's brake's I had to put by brake also so I won't hit him well he did it another time and well I didn't brake fast enough and I hit him. I stopped my car (now this is going on on a bridge thats alway busy.) This guy doesn't stop he takes off switching lanes. Well I start my car and I called 911. I'm following this guy and he see's that I'm on the phone he decides too stop at the end of the bridge he gets out of he's car and starts asking me for my insurance well at the same time I'm on the phone with the dispatcher I'm telling this guy that the police is coming that I'm not going to give him nothing until they come well he keeps walking back and forth he keeps saying he needs to go (I did not hang up the phone at all so I'm telling the dispatcher everything that the guy is saying that he needs to go the dispatcher told me to tell him that he needs to stay for the police.

The police comes he just starts talking that he was scared because my husband got out of the car and he didn't know what to do. Well the police officer took some notes and we each did a report also. The officer just said since he's back bumper is only slightly damage not more than 600.00 and my car wasn't damaged at all he is going to have us handle it ourselves. And gave us he's card. and he left.

I talked to police officer the next day and he said that there where some calls from other people that the guy was reckless driving and if I needed to have him testify he will be there.

Now he's insurance company is saying that it was my fault because I hit him that I owe almost 10,000.00 because he's car wasn't totaled not repairable. I tried contacting the officer but no call back from him. I called again and the police office told me he's no longer with the Bellevue Police Dept. I called the State Department to get the report that the officer took from us and he's report. I got a letter back that they don't have a record of my name and the other guy during that time.

Now I don't know what to do? Can someone help

:( :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">