• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TELSHA

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA
My car was recently involved in an accident that the other driver of the car was sited as at fault. The owner of the vehicle is claiming the the person who was driving took the car with out his permission. She is an unlicensed driver. They are living in the same home. I have been told that because he is claiming that she took it with out permission that the insurance company does not have to pay the claim and that my insurance company would have to. Since he is claiming she took the car wouldn't this be considered a stolen vehicle and hold the person whom he states took the keys need to be arrested?
What are my rights to my car repairs considering all that has been claimed and denied.
Who holds the responsibly for the car and the damages it incurred? Is it the driver of the car who has been alleged to have taken it or is it the owner?
What bothers me the most is the fact that my car was a new 2002 Chevy Impala that I only owned for 4 days. I don't want to get stuck with the insurance companys fighting back and forth nor do I want my car totalled and I end of stuck with a $21,000.00 debt and no car.
Should I seak legal representation for my claim?

Last edited:

racer72

Turn in a claim to your insurance. Let them decide who to collect from. If you have to pay a deductable, sue the driver and the owner for the deductable. My insurance recently helped me collect my deductable from an incident that was not my fault.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">