• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

schultzie73

What is the name of your state? NV

I have just purchased the book "Auto Accident Personal Injury Insurance Claim (How to evalutate and settle your loss)" by Dan Baldyga.

A quick review of my accident-

I struck another vehicle while she was changing through 2 lanes of traffic. Basically it was %100
her fault and she was citated for unsafe lane changing. I fractured my radius bone and have been in a sling for 4 weeks and wont be fully healed for 8 weeks. I have lost 6 weeks of pay.

According to the book and BASE caculator my pain and suffering is expected to be worth $35,000. I got this figure by multiplying the total of my medical bills($1500) and lost wages ($7200) by 4.

First of all this figure seems a bit high to me (hopefully I am wrong). Is this this amount a can expect to receive? Also, I have been receving disablity checks for 4 weeks now in the amount of $545. Do i have to subtract that amount from my total lost wages when I use the BASE caculator? Should I get a lawyer?

Any information would be great!

Thank You!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">