• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stacyj777

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma
I was in an accident; no fault of my own. I have a bulding disk in my neck. I am a ticket agent at the airport for a major airline. I am unable to perform my job: lift 70 lbs and stand for 8 hours. My employer is getting ready to lay me off. Can I draw unemployment?
I was also seeing a chiropractor. I explained to him that my neck was really bothering me and everytime I was finished with treatment from him, I would feel worse. Several times after I had a visit with the chiropractor, I would have these episodes of where I was be shaky, my vision would be blurred, I couldn't seak clearly. I told him a few weeks into treatment that I thought I needed an MRI, but he just kept on "popping" me. Now I have the results of an MRI (another doctor set it up) and I have a buldging disk. Can the chiropractor be responsible?I believe he just wanted my money b/c he referred me to another doctor and to an attorney.
Can I get rid of the attorney, no lawsuit has been filed.
Can I get unemployment if laid off...not work related incident?
Can I sue the chiropractor?

H

hexeliebe

My goodness, a complete smorgasbord of claims. I'll pass on this one. It's waaaay too confusing for this old country hippy :D

G

gotocourt

Can I get rid of the attorney, no lawsuit has been filed.
Most states allow the client the absolute right to terminate the attorney-client relationship. Depending on the nature of the agreement between you and the attorney, he may be entitled to some compensation, or alternatively, to some portion of the the recovery, if any, from the original accident.

Can I get unemployment if laid off...not work related incident?
Don't know is this is O.K. in OK. Many states have a separate state run disability program which provides benefits in the event that you are incapable of working due to an injury off the job. Check with you unemployment department. Once they know there is an injury involved, they will likely refer you to the correct agency.

Can I sue the chiropractor?
Sure, if he actually caused or exacerbated the injury. However, the proof may be difficult, and may only detract from your claim arising directly out of the accident.

A buldging disc is a serious injury. You need to see a new lawyer, particularly if your current lawyer fails to recognize the nature and extent of the injury. To my understanding, all the chiropractic treatment in the world cannot resolve this type of injury. You probably need to consult with a neurosurgeon on this point.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">