• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

willywonka

What is the name of your state? California

I was in my truck and got hit by another vehicle. The driver of the other was found to be completely at fault. The drive shaft of my truck was completely broken and the rear axle was tweaked and there was cosmetic damage to the truck. Here's the thing, my truck was brand new. I drove it off the lot 3 weeks ago. I may be being a worrywart, but I feel that, even if the truck is repairable (i.e. less to fix than to replace) I do not want a vehicle that could cause me problems down the road due to the accident.

Another problem is that the insurance company views that a truck is depreciated a certain amount the minute it is driven off a lot. In essence, if they decide to purchase the truck from us, then could I end up losing money because the truck is already depreciated in value?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

willywonka said:
What is the name of your state? California

I was in my truck and got hit by another vehicle. The driver of the other was found to be completely at fault. The drive shaft of my truck was completely broken and the rear axle was tweaked and there was cosmetic damage to the truck. Here's the thing, my truck was brand new. I drove it off the lot 3 weeks ago. I may be being a worrywart, but I feel that, even if the truck is repairable (i.e. less to fix than to replace) I do not want a vehicle that could cause me problems down the road due to the accident.

MY RESPONSE: Okay, thanks for telling us what you feel and what you want. Now what?

Another problem is that the insurance company views that a truck is depreciated a certain amount the minute it is driven off a lot. In essence, if they decide to purchase the truck from us, then could I end up losing money because the truck is already depreciated in value?

MY RESPONSE: Yes.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">