• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

car94401

What is the name of your state? california

i was rear-ended in february and had to go to a chiropractor for 4 months for therapy. my car was totalled. i am now in the process of settling my claim through my lawyer. the person who hit me was completely at fault through the police report. also on the police report she admitted to having taken 2 different anti-depressants and a sleeping pill before driving. does this fact have any affect on my settlement process. thank you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

car94401 said:
What is the name of your state? california

i was rear-ended in february and had to go to a chiropractor for 4 months for therapy. my car was totalled. i am now in the process of settling my claim through my lawyer. the person who hit me was completely at fault through the police report. also on the police report she admitted to having taken 2 different anti-depressants and a sleeping pill before driving. does this fact have any affect on my settlement process. thank you.

My response:

If your attorney is going strictly, and completely, on a theory of negligence, then no. However, if he is trying to convince the adjuster of the tortfeasor's use of drugs to "enhance" the settlement demand, then yes.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">