• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dana114

What is the name of your state? Texas

My husband, sister in law, neice, and I were in volved in an accident Friday night. A hot shot driver in a 2.5 ton truck with a trailer with a 10,000 lb bundle on the back rearended us on the freeway. We were all taken to ER via ambulance and treated and released....3 of us with whiplash and neice with badly bruised leg. We were very lucky and I am thankful that the injuries were so minor. We are in pain and not back to work yet but dr says we should start feeling better this week. My husband also has a strained lumbar (lower back). We have never been in an accident. People keep telling us to get a lawyer...do we need one??? Just not sure what we need to do.

We were in a Ford F150 super cab truck. It is not totaled...the insurance says it is fixable...just looks bad...

B

BillyBG

"People keep telling us to get a lawyer...do we need one???"

If you want to seek financial compensation from the driver or his company for your injuries, then yes.

lwpat

"We were in a Ford F150 super cab truck. It is not totaled...the insurance says it is fixable"

And you really believe an insurance adjuster? Have the dealer recommend a shop and have them take a look at it. It is quite likely the frame is warped.

" We were all taken to ER via ambulance and treated and released...."

Excellent. Always go to the emergency room and have your injuries entered into the medical report. It does not help your case if you come up later and try to claim you were injured.

You have four PI cases and the damage to the vehicle. You need an attorney that has experience in these type of cases. Try the link on this page. The driver of the truck may be required to have a CDL license and/or to comply with the rules for a CMV. Ask the attorney if he is familar with the rules for CDL and CMV's. If he doesn't know what you are talking about then get another attorney.

CDL is commercial drivers license and CMV is commercial motor vehicle. If you can email me with more specifics about the truck and its registration and can advise if it falls under the FMCSR.

D

dana114

As far as the frame it is warped but they say it is fixable...they say it can be realigned.... do we have to accept that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">