• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

FBODGRL

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I live in Michigan. I was in an accident last week. I was the only car involved. My insurance company was supposed to pick up my car on Friday. They told me I would hear from them in a few days. I'm not sure whether they are going to total my vehicle or if they are going to attempt to fix it.

I have a couple questions. I have been told they will try and use used an aftermarket parts to fix my car. I want all new GM factory parts. Is there some type of law that covers me for that? I'm also wondering if they do total the vehicle and I don't want to settle for the amount they are trying to offer me, can I do something for that?

Any help would be appreciated.

JETX

"I have been told they will try and use used an aftermarket parts to fix my car. I want all new GM factory parts. Is there some type of law that covers me for that?"
*** No. The fact is, your insurance company is only required to make you 'whole', that is to return you to the condition you were in immediately prior to your accident. And since your car is used, they are only obligated to replace the parts with used. If you were able to force them to provide only new parts, you would be in a better than 'whole' position.

"I'm also wondering if they do total the vehicle and I don't want to settle for the amount they are trying to offer me, can I do something for that?"
*** You could file a complaint with your state insurance commission if you truly feel that they are not dealing fairly with you. However, that is not a quick or simple action and will likely delay any resolution to your accident.

H

hexeliebe

I want all new GM factory parts.
And I want snow for christmas.

But then, if wishes were fishes we'd all have a fry :D

Now all we need is Homie to reply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">