• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eddielallak

What is the name of your state? Nebraska

I was involved in a traffic accident were the other driver was ticketed for failure to yield for a left hand turn.

Here is the accident:
I was driving northbound on a road where the speedlimit is 45 mph. I was approximately 15-20 ft from the light when it turned yellow so I proceeded to go through the intersection since it would be impossible to stop in that distance at that speed. This lady waiting to turn left ran into my driver side and my car sustained damages from the fender to the rear quarter panel. She told the officer the light was yellow as well as I did also. A witness who gave his info to the lady will be on her side I assume because he didnt give me his info. Well I heard the lady say to the officer that I was speeding(the witness was not present when the officer was there) and she was upset that she was being fined. She also said that "I thought he was going to stop and things like that. Well the intersection I was traveling southbound in is downhill so I guess it would look like I was applying my brakes but obviously I didnt. What Im asking is do you think that they will try and put some of the fault on me? I went and took pictures of my skidmarks on the pavement and they start approximately 5 to 10 ft before the white crosswalk on the intersection and continue to the middle of the intersection were contact was made. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for your time

lwpat

File a claim with her insurance carrier and also notify your insurance company. Find out from the officer her court date and be present to testify if her insurance tries to stall or deny liability.

E

eddielallak

what else do you think. Do you think that they will not try to take full responsibility for this.

E

eddielallak

Now the lady is saying that I ran a redlight, but she told the police that the light was yellow.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">