• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pnl6872

What is the name of your state?nj

I was in a head on collision onthursday, the other driver was completely at fault, and a claim has been filed with the insurance company. My car, we think is totaled, I went to MD on that night, with neck and back pain and some bruises. I have since had more pain, so am going back to MD on monday. I was out of work on Friday and will be on monday as well. However, when I called into my boss I was told if I do not come to work on Monday, I am fired. So, needless to say, I have to go the MD, and I am banged up, so I am fired. Can I sue the other driver or his insurance for loss of my job and those lost wages??

ALawyer

Absolutely. IF the other driver was at fault and this can be proven, and IF he has assets or sufficient insurance, you'll eventually get a recovery for loss of wages, doctor bills, and pain and suffering, plus the cost of the car. BUT only if you have a lawyer. (Your insurance company will be entitled to get reimbursed for the money it pays out to you by virtue of collission damage and medical expenses.)

Simply filing a claim with the other guy's insurance company will get you a tiny fraction of what you'd get if you had a lawyer on your side, even after the lawyer's fees. DON'T WAIT AROUND.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">