• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SHORTY2374

I live in Tennessee and was rearended at a redlight. I lost two days at work. I had to go to a chiropractor because of pain in my neck, back and legs. The accident did over 6000. dollars damage to my car. I had to buy a new car seat for my son. I was unable to hold my son or pick him up and he was less than a year old. My question is :: Is there a certain percentage an insurance has to pay for pain and suffering or is it at the descretion of the individual insurance companies. The lady that hit me , insurance company is only wanting to give me 175 dollars for pain and suffering.. what do I do???

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Heck no. 175 for pain and suffering, no way! You see, what you had couldn't in any way, shape or form be your fault because you were in a stopped vehicle.

This means they can't minimize damages based on negligence on your part. Now, as to your pain and suffering, keep a daily journal, get all of your medical records together and get notarized affadavits from witnesses who have personally seen or dealt with your injuries (family, etc who help you get around, etc).

Now, to get a good settlement, my suggestion: get an accident or personal injury attorney to help you set this down to $$$ figures. This will help you in the long run for your car, and future medical expenses, etc. Lawyers know from experience, state law and cases what are fair figures. There is no SET amount.

Try attorneypages.com or call your state bar association and ask for lawyer referral.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">