• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lissajo

I was involved in an auto accident with one other drive a few weeks ago in NJ. I was in the the far right lane of a 3 lane highway merging into two lanes. Traffic was heavy. As i was merging, I collided with a car in the middle lane. He had slammed on his brakes while i was merging which caused us to hit. His reason for doing this was that he was cut off by another driver. This could or could not be true. No damage was done to my new car except for a scratch or two. His bumper ended up being caught underneath the rim of my front right tire and was torn off. I called the cops and a non-reportive accident report was done. Neither one of us was given a ticket but I was told by the cop that the other driver could have pressed charges and therefore i would have gotten a ticket. The cop told me to go my way and the other driver to go his. Now two weeks later, the driver has called me numerous times and sent me an estimate for 400.00 for his bumper. He is threatening to sue me and to turn the claim in to my insurance. What is the meaning of a non-reportive accident report? Am I or my insurance liable for his claim?
Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">