• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident

• Thread starter Shoshana Johnson
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Shoshana Johnson

I was involved in an accident that was not my fault. The other driver was cited by the police and my car is probably totaled. I don't have collision coverage and I need a vehicle to get to and from work(single army mom). Does his insurance have to provide rental coverage and what should I accept as far as a settlement?(I owned the car and I really can't afford a car payment right now) And what if I start to feel the affects of accident in a couple of days(I told the ems and fire department I was fine.) The army requires that I do physical training 4 times a week.

ALawyer

I am torn. If you see a lawyer the lawyer may handle it, but some may be inclined to exaggerate the case to force payment by the other side's insurance company, and if there are not real pain and suffering or loss of income issues.

S

Shoshana Johnson

Shoshana Johnson said:
I was involved in an accident that was not my fault. The other driver was cited by the police and my car is probably totaled. I don't have collision coverage and I need a vehicle to get to and from work(single army mom). Does his insurance have to provide rental coverage and what should I accept as far as a settlement?(I owned the car and I really can't afford a car payment right now) And what if I start to feel the affects of accident in a couple of days(I told the ems and fire department I was fine.) The army requires that I do physical training 4 times a week.
New info to add. I have whiplash and I am seeing a chiropractor tomorrow to see if the exactly what damage has been done. The military covers the cost do I still have a case.

S

Shoshana Johnson

new add on I am now seeing a chiropractor daily for the next couple of weeks then it will drop off slowly to not at all. This is holding me back from a PT test which I do need to re-enlist into the Army. Do I have a case in the state of Colorado??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">