• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mee

Hi, I was involved in an auto accident almost a month ago. I hired an attorney but have since not been able to get in touch with him or the paralegal assigned to my case. The insurance company hasn't called us yet about the damages to my car. I guess my question(s) are, can I call the other party's insurance company myself? and can I change attorney's at this point? Sorry I meant to say I'm in Tennessee.

T

Trucking Mad

mee said:
Hi, I was involved in an auto accident almost a month ago. I hired an attorney but have since not been able to get in touch with him or the paralegal assigned to my case. The insurance company hasn't called us yet about the damages to my car. I guess my question(s) are, can I call the other party's insurance company myself? and can I change attorney's at this point? Sorry I meant to say I'm in Tennessee.
:cool: Yes & yes!:cool:

GrandmaOH

mee said:
Did you contact your insurance company immediately? Have you been in contact with them on what is going on? Why did you hire an attorney?

mee said:
The insurance company may be only willing to discuss your claim with your attorney. You might want to have him give the insurance company a call. He is representing you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">