• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mbhudd

What is the name of your state? NC
Son was at a stop sign and got hit by passing vehicle. Officer arrived after son got his vehicle out of traffic; other vehicle came to a stop and pulled into a parking area. Officer had son sit in his vehicle and filled out report - a good 20-30 minutes. Officer then spoke to the other driver outside her vehicle for 2-5 minutes at most gave her insurance info and let her go because she was late for an appointment. While other driver was waiting for the officer she was overheard to say she was on her cell phone, swerved, and hit son's vehicle which took off his front bumper and pulled him into traffic. This occurred 2/3/06. Son went immediately from accident scene to insurance agent and told them what had happen- he was struck - they took statement and pictures. Our agent found out other vehicle's driver did not give valid insurance info to officer (told the officer the insurance info on registratrion was incorrect and handed him a piece of notebook paper) and that insurance was not effective until the following day (2/4/06). The accident report filled out by officer has numerous inaccurancies. The officer states my son hit the other vehicle which is incorrect, that he was turning right when in fact he was not, incomplete invalid insurance information, and incorrect damage estimate to vehicles (son's $98.30 not $3000 and $ 64.93 for scratched molding to other vehicle not $3000). It has been 20 days since the accident we were contacted today 2/23/06 that the other driver contacted our insurance last night to open a claim. The officer stated when questioned about the report he filed "I call them like I see them." He was not even there and he did not see the vehicles until after my son's vehicle was removed from traffic. Does the other driver have a valid claim? What do we do about an inaccurate accident report?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">