• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sunsetrider

In the middle of December, I was injured in a collision with another fully insured driver. She jumped the median and hit me head on. I was No-Fault. I have a broken hand, missed time from work, and minor spinal problems. I know my injuries are signifigant enough to get pain and suffering, but how do I know how much to ask for? I live in Indiana, and am covered fully by my insurance company. Also, it has been one month since my accident, they still havent determined if my truck was a total loss as of yet! Isnt this a little bit too long?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

YOU don't determine how much you get...it all depends on case law, prevailing settlements, and the ability of your attorney.

The fact you have these injuries and your car status is still in limbo screams you need an accident/personal injury attorney ASAP.

http://www.attorneypages.com or call your state bar.

S

sunsetrider

thanks alot. This is the first time i've had the "fortune" of experiencing this kind of events. I have heard so many things from so many different people. Both pro's and con's on getting an attorney for a P.I. case. Any other advice would be much appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">