• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

elaine morton

My Mother was involved in an auto accident that she is currently suing the other driver that ran a stop sign. The accident happened in Philadelphia, Pa. She was offered 42,500 from the insurance company representing the other driver. Her lawyer was just involved in what is called a "Case Management Conference" My questions are the following:

1. Should my mother have been involved in the proceedings of the Case Management Study...could she have attended this proceeding?

2. The Judge thought that the case was valued at $42,500.00,
Is it unusual for the insurance company to offer more than the judge suggested or do cases tend to settle around the Judges assessment?

3. We are being told that we have to make a decision on the offer right away because we have a court date of 1/31/00 and to date we've received no notice of a scheduled court date...is the normal process.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">