• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

May Day 24

I gave my friend permission to drive my car and my friend wrecked my car with no damage to anything but my car. Is my insurance liable for this damage or will my friend's insurance company pay for the damage?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

May Day 24 said:
I gave my friend permission to drive my car and my friend wrecked my car with no damage to anything but my car. Is my insurance liable for this damage or will my friend's insurance company pay for the damage?
My response:

What's your State name ?

What does your insurance policy say concerning "Permissive Drivers", and does your Declaration page exclude Permissive Drivers ?

IAAL

M

May Day 24

response

my car is registered in IL but the accident occurred in IN and my friend lives in IN. I am not aware of what my insurance policy states on permissive drivers.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: response

May Day 24 said:
my car is registered in IL but the accident occurred in IN and my friend lives in IN. I am not aware of what my insurance policy states on permissive drivers.
My response:

You're supposed to know. You should have your policy readily available. You need to know your coverages.

Okay, call your insurance agent and ask.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">