• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gholmes89

I've heard that a reasonable settlement from a insurance co.for a auto accident would be 3 times the medical bills,would that be 3X the bills plus the medical bills?If so with med bill around 25 thousands could I expect around 100,000 from an insurance co. or i'm I dreaming?In your opinion do you think an attorney would ask for this amount or more?My daughter(she was an passenger in the car,the driver rear ended a car and was cited for excessive speed for the conditions)she had a broken ankle (5 bones,1 plate,6 screws to repair,2 operatations)this has been over a 6 month period and still has some pain and a limp,there has been no rehab and wont be any.So far the insurance co. has paid nothing and the hospital bill (16,000)has been turned over to a collection agency.Do I have any recourse again the insurance co.for this i.e.ruining my credit rating, is there any libility on the insurance co.?The 16,000 was from the 1st operation.

G

gholmes89

reply?????

Why havent any of you answered my ?????'s
is it to hard????
why is djdj such a smart ass???

P

prplace

AUTO ACCIDENT

I am not an atorney, i am a paralegal for a personal injury firm. Depending on what state you are in, the law varies on insurances and accident info.
Please let me know what state u r in.

G

gholmes89

prplace

Have you had time to look into my matter.
Thanks

G

gholmes89

"REPLIES"

Why cant you people give a straight answer to anyone??????
I have read a lot of the replies you "lawyers" post and have yet to find a straight answer to anyone I really think this forum sucks and you are just trying to drum up business for lawyers which I place in the same class as insurance agents and car salesmen.(leaches)Just answer the questions put forth to you and it will greatly improve this sight and cut out the bull**** answers.

M

Mary Lou Brinkofski

i agree with gholmes

I've been disappointed also. I keep checking in to see if my questions were answered and they were only answered once by a nice guy but since then......NADA!!!! I think we need to find a better site for this type of stuff. If you find one, let me know!!! lol Mary Lou

Sorry you feel that way. I personaly don't get anything out of this except for helping folks with my knowledge in insurance claims and accidents.

I currently work for an insurance regulatory agency investigating insurance licensees who have violated specific insurance related laws. I answer these posts as a public service. I worked 10 years as a litigation manager for an insurance company negotiating against attornies like IAAL and claimants like you. It is impossible for anyone to give you an answer to a settlement amount without looking at all the information-doctor's reports, pictures, test results, even viewing the films (MRI, CAT Scans, Thermograms, and X-Rays).

I think IAAL and the other real contributors to this site do an outstanding job and answer the questions as well as they can be answered. The great majority of folks who post here get excelent advice. If you have truly read enough of these posts you would realize that no one is ever given settlement figures. Any number you would get would be a guess and a disservice. In some cases the answeres are only as good as the questions.

I told you to speak to an attorney because of the magnitude of the claim you discribe. If you were talking minimum limits and soft tissue injury I'd say knock yourself out and negotiate. But, in your case you'd get smoked by the adjuster. S/He do this every day, 8 hours a day. I've worked with guys that wouldn't give an Eskimo an ice cube in Alaska.

So, if you don't want to post here again then, see ya.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">