• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MsQT2

The accident occured in Texas. A man lost control of his car, hit my car and two others,we were all parked,no one in the cars,the man was taken to jail for wreckless driving. His ins.co. said he has the min.by law 15,000 and may not be enough to cover all the cost. They will not pay any thing until all three cars are repaired and they have all the bill because it is getting close to the 15,000.Now I have to file on my on ins.and my own ins.co. is saying it has to be filed under collision with a deductable of 500. and not the uninsured motorist-ded.of 250.because its not yet determined if it will go over the 1500. It does not seem right,I'm getting it from both ins.co.'s please help me,also my policy say's the ded. is 200.but the ins. co. is saying it's 250. by law.what is the law in all this. confused and mad.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

It is what the policy says, not what they say. What you agreed to in writing is all that you are responsible for. Seems to me you should contact your insurance company and theirs and tell them this:

Bad faith breach is taken very seriously by the courts. As a total innocent in this, you expect them to figure it out between them. Show them physical estimates of repair, if you have to, plus any other related bills and go from there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">