• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pnut6697

My husband was involved in an auto accident with two other
vehicles. Out of the three vehicles only the first vehicle
had insurance. This was a rear end accident. My car and the second car had no insurance. The owner of the second car went through the Department of Transportation to get the money for her car. We received her estimated amount of damages to car for $3,600.00 and found out her car only has damages worth maybe $900.00. Department of Motor Vehicle is only involved because she says there was over a thousand dollars in damages. We are going to a hearing to try and solve this in front of the DOT. What do we need to have or do before we go? We believe she is just trying to get some money from us and is not intending on fixing her car. Out of all of the cars in the accident our car was the worst damaged. We got ours fixed for a thousand dollars.

Thank you,

Erin

D

dj1

UMMMM you know you might get arrested for driving without insurance if you go to the hearing RIGHT???, or may have to prove you have it, or they might be able to cancel the hearing? you should ask first

Did they suspend your license and registration yet? YOU know you are going to have to get SR 22 high risk insurance.

I suggest you take a taxi to the hearing and back home.

[Edited by dj1 on 03-04-2001 at 11:21 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">