• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Marlyce

i live in massachusetts. recently i went on a business trip and let a co-worker use my car while i was gone. on his way to pick me up from the airport on 2/11/01 (i wasn't even in the car), he was involved in an accident which he was cited for and found at fault. when i got home from the airport, there was a letter from my insurance company saying that they cancelled my insurance on 1/12/01. i was unaware that i had no insurance, but i was also told by my co-worker that he did have insurance (a lie of course). now we are being sued for damages to the other car ($2,250) and my car's damage was estimated at $10,000. the auto body guy told me that he has seen this before and that there a some sort of "good faith" law that i lent him my car in the good faith that he had insurance and if anything happened it would be covered, and that he should pay for everything. my co-worker says that it was my fault my car had no insurance and he will only pay half of everything. do i have a case that will stand up in court making him pay everything, or will i have to pay half in the long run?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">