• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lindasel

I am in North Carolina.I was hit head on 2 weeks ago with my granddaughter in the car. My 1995 Mustang received about 10000 in damages which is fixable. My granddaughter age 8 received burns from the seatbelt on her neck, bruises on her chest and was checked for neck injuries. She was treated for 5 hours in the ER and released. I was looked at and released with what the nurses thought was only airbag injuries to the abdomen. We both went to the Dr the next day and was told to rest and take it easy for a week. My Granddaughter is well now except for the fact that she is scared to ride in a car and gets deathly ill each time we go somewhere. I was found to have separated ribs from the cartilage, a massive bruise which was speculated that I had lost about a pint of blood, My bridge is loose and my glasses were bent. I am having pain in my side and up my back due to sssome nerve injuries in the abdomen. I am not able to work because of the ribs. I own my beauty shop and I am the sole worker in it. I have been told that I will have about 6 to 8 weeks of recuperation time. This will ddddestroy my business. I cannot close my shop for that length of time and keep my customers. I will be paid thee wages that I miss by estimate only, but what of the pain and suffering? It will take a couple of years to replenish my business. I do not know how much to ask for this.Please advise. Thank You

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Both of you need a Personal Injury attorney. You should not be dealing with the insurance company on your own. Both you, and your granddaughter, need to be concerned about recuperating, and you should not be dealing with the "legal" end of this matter. Your attorney will advise you concerning your rights, your loss of wages, and your loss of earning capacity. Also, you will be advised concerning General Damages (Pain and Suffering damages).

See an attorney on Monday.

Good luck to you both.

IAAL

L

lindasel

I really appreciate your advise.I have not been able to see a lawyer because of the Holidays. I have not talked with the adjuster either. I was wondering beforee I go to the lawyer if you have any advise on what amounts I should ask for pain and suffering and also loss of business and any other things that I should ask for. Is there a formula that should be used? I would appreciate anything you couldd tell me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">