• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

freeadive

From Texas

On Feb. 28, 2000, I had an automobile accident. The car I was driving was my boyfriend's ( now my husband). The insurance was also under his name. At the time of the accident no injuries were reported. A few weeks later I received a letter from the insurance company stating that everything was settled. Yesterday,April 13, 2001, I received a notice that I am being sued for 50,000 dollars and I have 20 days to respond. The lady and the boy are claiming personal injury and mental anguish. My questions are: Can the insurance still cover? Can my husband be held accountable? Do I need a lawyer? Will I have to pay out of my pocket? I do not own a house or a car. I contacted the insurance company but they are closed until Tuesday due to the Easter Holidays. Please Help!!!

Worried in Texas

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Who are the named defendants ? You, alone ? You and husband ? Husband, alone ?

All you have to do is turn the Citation / Complaint; i.e., everything you received, over to the insurance company when they open on Tuesday. They will handle the matter.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">