• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bert in Texas

A friend was driving one of my vehicles with my permission when he and his two passengers were struck by a pickup truck. The driver of the truck was deemed to be at fault by the police; however, she fled the scene on foot. The owner of the truck is a business entity that had allowed one of its employees to use the vehicle. The employee's girlfriend has been determined to be the driver, but she is still at-large. The insurance carrier for the business has denied our insurance claim since the truck's owner considers it to have been stolen. My insurance has paid for the damages minus deductible under my under/uninsured motorist and medical options. Do I have any legal recourse against the driver, the owner/business, and/or the employee?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Well, have your insurance company show the other insurance company show it was NOT stolen or contact them yourself and show proof of this. If they don't honor the additional damages you have (do you have any?), then tell them you will be filing a complaint with the insurance commissioner.

The problem here is you don't have any damages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">