• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident from 7-14-00

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Phende7472

I was involved in an accident back in July of 2000. I was in the car that caused the accident, not the one directly involved. I can't go into details quite yet, because it's still in the courts. My question would be since I'm a minor can I sue the driver of my car for endangering my life (endangering a life of a minor)? If so do I need to file paper work? If not is there a way I can sue him? The accident happened in Pennsylvania. I'd appreciate help, A.S.A.P

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

An extremely astute question.

Yes, if the driver of the car you were riding in as a passenger caused you physical damages; i.e., you went to a doctor for examination and treatments, then yes, you have a right to sue for those damages, including your pain and suffering.

See a Personal Injury attorney (along with a parent or guardian) for a review of your rights.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">