• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident 8/29/01

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rich williams

What is the name of your state? Arizona
i am being sued for hitting the back of a very large truck that did a "break job" on me. he made a turn at a stop light and for no apperant reason or need hit his brakes causing me to hit him after i made my turn. the police came etc. & called it a ding accident. he has obtained an attorney & i am being served with papers now over 2 years later. is there not a time limit on filing a law suit?. my auto insurance co. is not giving me mucj information as to what they offered him etc. but are saying they will represent me in a law case.
what are your suggestions and comments to the time it took for him to file suit.
thank you.

lwpat

Find out from your insurance carrier the name and phone number of the attorney that has been retained to represent you. You will need to give him a statement and he can answer any questions.

JETX

"he has obtained an attorney & i am being served with papers now over 2 years later."
*** Contact your insurance company and make sure that you deliver a copy of any lawsuit documents to them (get confirmation of receipt). They are obligated to handle the claim.

"is there not a time limit on filing a law suit?"
***Generally, in Arizona, you have two years from the date of an injury to file a suit against an individual or entity who has caused injury. This is called the statute of limitations. The attorney assigned by the insurance company will review the applicable SOL and handle accordingly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">