• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident in California HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vonayala

I was in an accident on the 25 of November there was a car that tried to past me up he hit the left side railing of the freeway crossed in front of me and hit the right railing also. My question is the guy was fully insured he was at fault he admitted it. My car was borrowed belong to my mother in law the tags had just expired in November and the car was not insured. She just written a letter a few weeks prior to the accident releasing liability to me. How does this affect her and me? Do we have a case against the guy? HELP I do have a legal Drivers L.

This is in the state of California

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

vonayala said:
I was in an accident on the 25 of November there was a car that tried to past me up he hit the left side railing of the freeway crossed in front of me and hit the right railing also. My question is the guy was fully insured he was at fault he admitted it. My car was borrowed belong to my mother in law the tags had just expired in November and the car was not insured. She just written a letter a few weeks prior to the accident releasing liability to me. How does this affect her and me? Do we have a case against the guy? HELP I do have a legal Drivers L.

This is in the state of California
My response:

If the accident is finally determined not to be your fault, you are only entitled to your actual damages - - vehicle repairs, and if injured, your medical expenses, and any lost wages. Under Proposition 213, you ARE NOT entitled to your "pain and suffering".

When reported by his insurance, and because you had no insurance, you will lose your license for one year, and will be required to pay a hefty fine to the California Department of Motor Vehicles.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">