• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto accident caused by uninsured

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Grandmom

What is the name of your state? WA
We were involved in accident, caused by uninsured driver. To avoid hitting her head-on on ice, she was coming at us in her lane, my husband drove off the road. We hit a power pole, on front passenger side. I was the only one injured and taken to hospital in ambulance. Bills haven't stopped coming in. Ran out of PIP, $10,000.00. Our medical insurance has taken over, about the time I had spinal neck surgery.
Auto insurance wants to settle now! Medical insurance wants us to pay them back all they ahd to put out for my medical costs resulting from accident.
How long do we have to settle with auto insurance company and how do we deal with medical insurance wanting repaid?
My medical bills are far from over. :confused:

ecmst12

You need to look up the statute of limitations for your state, but most states it's 2 years. If your bills are already over 10k, you would definitely benefit from hiring an attorney, sooner better than later!

teflon_jones

You should wait to settle until the majority of your bills are paid. You'll have to wait to pay the current bills until you receive a settlement unless you have money to pay them already.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">