• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident Compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kmbsfc

What is the name of your state? PA

We were involved in an accident back in October. the 15th to be exact. Our car was only 2 weeks brand new, and we were rear ended, the accident was in no way our fault.

We have since made 3 car payments on a vehicle that we have barely driven. Is there anything we can do to obtain any additional compensation for this due to the accident?

Thanks for your help!

whkt

almost the same situation

South Carolina

I was hit by a dui running a stop sign and my 2005 car was only 3 weeks in my possession. This accident will affect the car faqs history of the car as well. Is there any way to receive compensation for this?

Lynx 36

Quote: "Is there anything we can do to obtain any additional compensation for this due to the accident?

The insurance company is only required to fix your car and provide a rental. If your car is in the shop f/ a month you get a rental f/ a month.

You will not get any further compensation from them.

Look at it this way..........drive the rental, put miles on it and not your new car. When you get your car back from the shop it will have less miles on it than if you would have driven it around 3 months. The less miles the more the car is worth. So what's the problem?

SC, don't steal someone elses thread. Start your own.

jcook7066

you might be able to file a claim for diminished value (depending on the law in PA) hard to say what you could get but maybe a few hundred. Caution: there is a lot of sizzle but little steak around DV. it doesn't hurt to ask though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">