• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident damage to my property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

keytime

What is the name of your state? wisconsin:

a car crashed onto my property at 3:30 in the morning. the vehicle did damage to my chain link fence and lawn.

the lady driving the car was not the owner of the car, had no license, had warrents and left the scene and abandoned the vehicle 2 blocks away. the owner was contacted, has insurance, but says the young lady driving the car did not have permission to drive the vehicle. i think the owner is trying to get away from liability for the damage to my property. the driver turned her self in the next day.

the owner did not report the vehicle stolen. i have heard from the police department that the original police report does not reflect it, but there was a passenger in the car that received an injury.
if the injured person files a claim against the vehicle owner and the claim is processed, i feel my claim should go forward also. either way what is the owners responsibility regarding my property damage?

keytime:confused: :mad:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">