• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident Death - Expected Settlement Offers?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jobu21345

What is the name of your state? A friend of mine was killed in a car accident in NJ. The other driver cross the center line and hit the car head on killing my friend. Friend died instantly. Other driver may have fallen asleep or wasn't paying attention? Any idea of what type of settlement will be offered to lawyer by insurance companies involved for these type of cases?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jobu21345 said:
What is the name of your state? A friend of mine was killed in a car accident in NJ. The other driver cross the center line and hit the car head on killing my friend. Friend died instantly. Other driver may have fallen asleep or wasn't paying attention? Any idea of what type of settlement will be offered to lawyer by insurance companies involved for these type of cases?

My response:

Without a Crystal Ball, there's no way to give you an answer. Besides, there are so many variables involved that it would be impossible to give you an answer - - especially when you didn't give us any facts about your friend, other than he was killed.

The family's attorney has all of the necessary information that we don't have.

IAAL

JETX

"Any idea of what type of settlement will be offered to lawyer by insurance companies involved for these type of cases?"
*** Anywhere from nothing to a lot. There is no way for ANYONE to answer this question without knowing the facts of the individual life (age, profession, earning potential, family, etc.).

And besides, since this has NOTHING to do with you..... why would you care how much $$ someone ELSE might get??

racer72

No and why do you want to know? Any offer will come after the insurance company reviews the accident. The lawyer for the estate can then accept or reject the offer. And because no one here knows anything about your freind, it is impossible to put a price tag on the settlement.

racer72

Nope. Came up with that all on my own. If I didn't have to put the dog out, I would have posted first. Dang it. :)

J

jobu21345

more details

person is single (spouse deceased) ... (makes, I'm guessing 50K a year), has adult age children and several grandchildren. My concern? ... know the children and what they are going through (emotionally, etc.). Just wondering what a lowball offer would sound like to the lawyer and what a reasonable offer would sound like? Thanks in advance for your two cents.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: more details

jobu21345 said:
person is single (spouse deceased) ... (makes, I'm guessing 50K a year), has adult age children and several grandchildren. My concern? ... know the children and what they are going through (emotionally, etc.). Just wondering what a lowball offer would sound like to the lawyer and what a reasonable offer would sound like? Thanks in advance for your two cents.

My response:

Please believe me when I tell you - - there is no way to give you an answer. There are STILL too many variables involved. Only the attorney, with ALL of the information can make this determination.

Besides, what is YOUR interest in the "money end" of this matter anyway?

IAAL

JETX

And if you absolutely INSIST on an answer..... probably somewhere between $9.95 and 995 Jiggabillmillion.
:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">