• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto accident and establishing a fair settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dsprague

What is the name of your state? I live in CT. I was hit in a parking lot by a driver with insurance, but the vehicle was unregistered. His insurance company has suggested a settlement amount (I did not involve my insurance company). It is about the same as the medical bills, which was covered by my health insurance at work. Does the fact that the driver was driving an unregistered vehicle entitle me to ask for money above the expense this accident has caused me.

Is there a penalty phase for driving an unregistered vehicle.

I asked his insurance company this same question. They said yes but only in the case of a serious injury.

Where can I find information regarding when, or what circumstances, justifies a penalty?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">